Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blog post #11


 Mrs. Cassidy's Classroom is the blog of interest this week. She wrote her blog about  her uses of technology in the classroom. She is a first grade teacher from Moose Jaw, SK Canada. Ms. Cassidy  and her students use blogs, wikis, videos, and Skype. They use skype to talk to many people who are proffessionals in the subject they are studying at the time. She has been using technology in her classroom for about eleven years now and didnt plan on being technology literate until the school gave her computers to work with.

She wasnt fully supported by her administrators and most of the other teachers werent using technology as she was so her main support was from the school district’s technology coordinator.

I hope to use blogging in my classroom. If im not able to have each child have their own blog then I will have a class blog. On the class blog I will post everything we have been doing in our class and assignments that are coming up. I will also post tutorials on how to help your child do the assignment. This is also great so that a child wont miss to much if they are absent.


The blog may only be open to children, parents and staff because of safety issues. I will have to stress about internet safety and the proper uses of a computer since these will be middle school children.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rachael,

    I enjoyed your post on Mrs.Cassidy. I myself would like to have my future students use blogs, even though I realize I may not have a 100% support group. I will still use my knowledge of technology to instill my students with what I know and we can work together to learn more. technology such as Skype, internet blogs,ect can really be great ways for students to learn new things and meet people that can teach us all new things. Good Luck in EDM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachael,

    It seems as though you enjoyed this blog post about as much as I did! I really enjoyed how much she incorporates technology in her classroom. Her students truly seem to enjoy class more than they would without the technology. I, too, hope to use blogging in my classroom because it is a great tool to helping children learn how to write and enjoy it. Good luck with the rest of the semester!

    Kelsey Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earlier today I read a post which led me to realize that the real safety issue is not the physical safety which I think you talk about when you refer to internet safety. The real question is whether we can move rapidly enough to make sure that our students can make use of technology as part of a massive effort to encourage learning (as opposed to memorizing). If we don't, our children will not be safe economically. That will be the greatest problem of all!

    ReplyDelete