Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blog #5

The benefits of podcasting in the classroom.
I really enjoyed This Video. It opened my mind to the possibilities of podcasting and vodcasting in the classroom. I love the idea of having the children be able to view and review the notes taken in class. This makes it easier to study for an upcoming test or to make up work and not be behind in class when you are sick. This is also a great way to keep the children interested. Every child says they love watching and listening to them. So I fully support anything that enables children to educate themselves out of the school.

Students as Contributors: A Podcast with Silvia Tolisano


I completely agree with this Podcast. I agree that every child learns differently. This being said we should allow our children to have many ways of learning in the classroom. We have smart boards and over head projectors. we let children watch videos and come to the front of the class to solve problems. Some are visual learners and some are hands on learners. We have many ways for different children to learn different things so I think the we should have as many possibilities as possible for them to become educated.


I loved Eagles nest radio. I like that they made a whole lesson out of the audio. This is great. I like that the children are involved in this audio. Having the children involved makes them have something to be proud of. They can go home and show it to their parents as well as be very involved in the lesson which in turn will help them retain the information better. The more they enjoy podcast and vodcasts the more they will view them and learn. It opens up a whole new world of opportunities. When children use these tools not only will they learn the information they are presenting, they will learn how to use the computer and develop skills that they wouldnt get out of a book.


100 ways to use the ipod to learn and study better.
This website was very informative. I love the fact that you can find almost anything online and find multiple ways to use it. I love that we can now listen to spark notes and cliff notes to books on the go rather than having to read them. This is really nice for me because I have to drive to mobile so I have a good 6-9 hours a week in driving to school that i can be listening to a book review or even a book on tape. Its also great for notes and music learning in the classroom. You can go from teaching a lesson with your notes to some quiet music time while the children read to themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Rachael,

    I loved that you said that you "fully support anything that enables children to educate themselves out of the school." I think this is a great thing for teachers, and we must find ways to allow students to think on their own. We do not want them to take part in Burp Back education, and podcasting definitely allows students to truly learn on their own. While podcasting has many benefits for the classroom, I mostly love the fact that the students are researching and collaborating with one another. They also get to share their information to the listeners, and I think students would be more receptive to learning the information if they know they will have viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachael,

    I agree fully with enabling children to educate themselves. But also we, the teachers, have to be willing and open to learning. The more we learn, the more we can teach.

    ReplyDelete