Tuesday, February 1, 2011

blog 2

Did you know?
I found the movie to be very intertaining. To see that the United States is not number one at everything is informative.I thought it was crazy that soon when students attend a four year school that by the third year everything will be outdated. Almost how it is now in the educational feild. So many things are constantly changing that we have to re-take classes or buy the new and updated electronics just to keep up. I also loved seeing how fast electronics have evovled and reach the population faster and faster from television to ipods.
Mr. Winkle
I like the Mr.Winkle video. I feel that schools should remain like this video. I do believe students could benefit by being technology literate but there is a certain time and place for that, such as the computer lab but not all day. I feel for young students it would be to distracting to be on computers but for college students I believe it would and does benefit us to have many ways to learn.

The TED video was great. I  do believe there should be creatives ways to exand our childrens minds. I understand that some parents and schools are scared for the childrens safety when we have technology in the school but this could really help our children excel if it is done correctly.

I very much enjoyed Vicki Davis video and look into technology in the classroom. I would love for children to have class in their day where they could learn to Wiki and blog and explore the opportunities they have to learn on the internet. It is full of endless information and knowlegde. As long as children arent on the computers all day I entertain the idea of learning how to use the new ways of communications because it opens up a whole new world of possibilities for their futures.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about the did you know video. it was entertaining. its weird to think that all that stuff was going on and getting faster and it all seems a little overwhelming if you think about it, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You only completed 2 of the 5 assignments. What happened? Why do you think the United States is "not number one" at everything? What should we doing to address the issues and changes identified in Did You Know?

    Oh my. You really believe that schools should remain like they are shown to be in Mr. Winkle Wakes? Amazing. I certainly don't. What kind of preparation will out students get if that is the case? How soon will it be before China completely takes over?

    ReplyDelete