Saturday, March 5, 2011

blog #7

I really enjoyed Randy Pausch's VIDEO :Last lecture and achieving childhood dreams. My favorite part about the video is when he talks about the brick wall. He says the brick walls come up o keep others out who dont want things enough to work hard for them. They are there to show you how much you want it. If the brick wall comes up its not to show you that you cant have what you want but to make you realize how much you need to work to get what you want. Others may not want it hard enough to work for it so they will be stopped at the wall while you work over it to reach your goal.

I have reached many brick walls in my life. Like him I have horrible health. Im not exactly dieing but my body could give out anyday with my health being the way that it is right now. When I was in Highschool I had to go on homeschool a few times so that I could continue working towrds my diploma. I had to be put on homeschool because I was hospitalized for a kidney transplant and then again when I was having kidney rejection episodes. I also had to take multiple semesters off of college so that I can go on dialysis to stay alive while waiting for a kidney transplant. I really really want to graduate college and have a masters in education. It is my dream to finish college. I am getting tired of how long it is taking and how many brick walls ive had to climb over to get where I am today. I will continue to climb over as many walls as I need to to get to my ultimate goal. I started last semester with my biggest wall so far. I am currently going to school full time with a 3 year old son and while being on dialysis for 5 hours a night. I am on my second semester of doing this and although it is a very hard struggle I am very satisfied with the progress I have made.

Brick walls are there to help us show our dedication. They are there to seperate us from the people who dont really want to achieve their childhood dreams. He talks about getting feedback, e says whenever you stop geting feedback it is time to worry because it means that people dont care enough anymore, He also mntioned showing gratitude and to not complain to just work harder.
Its not about how to achieve your dreams its about how to lead your life. If you lead your life in the right way the dreams will come to you.

Pausch died from pancreatic cancer at his family's home in Chesapeake, Virginia on July 25, 2008 at the age of 47. He is survived by his wife, Jai, and their three children, Dylan, Logan, and Chloe.[

2 comments:

  1. Yes, some people have more brick walls than others. We don't know why. But the more you overcome the prouder you must feel.

    Well done.And thanks for the additional links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration to people everywhere

    ReplyDelete